Catholic Charities of the East Bay helps families in need rise above poverty and live self-sufficient lives
The Catholic Church is the largest provider of social services throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, and Catholic Charities is the visible face of the diocese in that work. Founded in 1935, we provide social services and advocacy to the poor and underserved in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. We believe that healthy families create healthy communities. Our programs reflect Christ’s teachings and are rooted in love, compassion, and dignity for all. We work with youth, children, and families to promote resilience, strengthen families, and pursue safety and justice.
We serve and work in partnership with all and celebrate the diversity of our community, including those of any background, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religious or spiritual affiliation or belief.
We move children, youth, and families from crisis to stability to self-sufficiency.
Rooted in compassion and human dignity for all, Catholic Charities of the East Bay works with youth, children and families to promote self-sufficiency, strengthen families and pursue safety and justice.
Catholic Charities of the East Bay is a faith-based service organization with strong core values.
- We Respect others by showing concern and care for the dignity of one another.
- We Inspire trust and display honesty, integrity and tolerance as we create an environment that is supportive and collaborative.
- We strive for Excellence and Innovation as we set high standards for the quality of our services, programs and team.
- We Execute our mission through communication, collaboration, coordination and cooperation, with a focus on completion.
- We are Accountable to the goals we set and take ownership of our work.