Housing Services Continue to Be Available

Housing assistance continues to be available to Alameda County and Contra Costa County residents who are struggling to pay their rent or mortgage due to the COVID-19 pandemic. If you’ve falling behind on rent, need assistance with security deposits or future rent, we may be able to help.

Call 510-860-4985 to speak with a housing counselor or email housingservices@cceb.org.  


One of the primary sources of housing assistance in the state is Housing Is Key, a statewide program that disburses assistance for rent and utilities to income-eligible tenants and their landlords. For more information, visit Housing Is Key or call 1-833-430-2122. 

Additional Resources


Emergency rental assistance for tenants in Alameda County continues to be available. To be eligible you must have qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced hardship due to Covid-19. Applications are available in many languages. Visit Alameda County Housing Secure  for more information.

Season of Sharing, a one-time emergency fund for Bay Area residents, can assist with back rent, security deposits, utilities and furniture donations and is still taking applications. For more information, please call 510-272-3700 or visit them online.

Keep Oakland Housed is an initiative that aims to help Oakland residents who are at risk of losing housing through rental assistance, legal aid and supportive services, is again taking applications. The program is open to individuals with a household income at or below 30% of Area Median Income, with priority to extremely low-income households. Legal representation will be provided to tenants with an active eviction lawsuit up to 50% AMI. For more information, visit keepoaklandhoused.org.


The City of Fremont operates Keep Fremont Housed, a program that uses federal U.S. Department of Treasury stimulus funds to assist eligible low-to-moderate income households unable to pay their rent and utilities due to a COVID 19-related job loss or loss of income. These funds are aimed at residents who are at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability. Landlords and tenants are both encouraged to apply. For more information visit fremont.gov/keepfremonthoused 

Get more information about rental and utility assistance in Alameda County


Season of Sharing, a one-time emergency fund for residents for Bay Area residents, can assist with back rent, security deposits, utilities and furniture donations. Applicants must show proof of inability to pay, a lease and notice of delinquency of payment. Contact 925-655-1205 for more information. 

Individuals with disabilities can get help with rent and deposit from Independent Living Resources. Call 925-363-7293 

Catholic Charities East Bay, which can assist with back rent, security deposits and utilities, has recently launched Housing Problem Solving, a new service that offers tenant advocacy, mediation, relocation with family and other homelessness prevention strategies to keep families housed. Contact 925-825-3099 or email housingservices@cceb.org for more details.  

Get more information about rental and utility assistance in Contra Costa County