Dear Catholic Charities,
Experience Hope 2016-2017
Our Experience Hope Clinical Services and Experience Hope in Schools teams are getting ready for another school year. In just one year, we have expanded our work to two different districts and brought our restorative and trauma-responsive philosophy and practices to the Richmond community.
Experience Hope Upcoming Trainings
Cost: $250 for 14 hours of training
Cost: FREE (a $175 value)
Experience Hope Team Updates
- 18 youth participated in our inaugural Peace and Justice Academy, which included trips to the California Academy of Science and a 49ers game. In addition, they gained skills in restorative practices. Spoken word, turf dancing, videography and other experiences helped build confidence and teamwork.
- In Oakland, our Experience Hope clinicians collaborated with high school staff to create restorative summer programming for students.
- We trained over 40 participants in Youth Mental Health First Aid, including our first group of teens.
- We piloted our new Building Restorative and Trauma-Responsive Systems training in July and received great feedback.
- 30 students who came to the US as unaccompanied minors and who participate in our weekly restorative groups at Richmond High took a tour of Facebook and met with the Latino Staff Collaborative.
Tool of the Month
We hope to provide you with tools that support the creation of restorative, trauma-responsive climates.
This month’s tool is from Teaching Tolerance. Teaching Tolerance offers a wealth of resources to address intolerance, oppression, and harassment in schools, as well as tools to create positive, inclusive school cultures.